Registered Charity Number 1048995
The Mix is a large scale, multi-channel support service offering children and young people across the UK free, confidential help through phone, web and counselling support – 24/7, 365 days a year. Whatever issues children and young people face, we connect them to the right information, provided by experts and peers, on everything from mental health to homelessness to finding a job.
The number of young people who come to us for support is always growing and so are our services. Our service provision has four primary areas of growth:
- To offer expert advice and promote the voices of young people
- To provided end to end digital support for crisis and mental health
- To be a charity of powered by volunteers
- To offer youth support services in the community
"I’ve been able to share things that I wouldn’t normally share with people close to me. Calling over the phone means it’s been discrete, and I didn’t have to worry about anyone asking where I was going had it been face to face."- young person using The Mix’s counselling service.
More about The Mix
The Mix fills a significant gap in provision, reaching out to children and young people wherever they are, whenever they need us. Last year we supported 3 million young people seeking information, support and crisis help – but we know we can do more. We want to reach at least 3.5 million young people by 2020.
With your support we can we can develop our services to make sure they are available to more young people, as we all as enabling The Mis to represent the voices of children and young people throughout the UK.
As an example, your donation could provide the following:
- £5 would allow us to respond instantly to a young person contacting our crisis messenger text service.
- £10 would train a young person to be a mental health mentor and support other young people
- £25 would support The Mix to answer a call to our helpline from a young person struggling to cope
- £50 would enable us to provide a counselling session to a young person